Hello, thanks for your question!
Perks of living in Taiwan:
1. 2x the purchasing power if I lived in OC/LA. 2.5-3x if I lived in the San Francisco.
2. Saving and investing a lot more money.
3. Greatly improving my Mandarin. 80% of my work is in English. 90% of my life outside of work is in Mandarin.
4. Slowly, slowly improving my Taiwanese.
5. Only speak in English if I don’t want to talk to someone (when people trying to sell me stuff).
6. Public transportation > [Bay Area + DC + (LA * 10998)]
7. Easy access to expats from all over the world.
8. Superior (quality + price) health care.
9. Smart, gorgeous Taiwanese girlfriend.
10. Learning about my cultural roots.